Places to Party

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Christmas Greeting from the Past





I had planned on getting the house cleaned and the Christmas tree set up this weekend.

Unfortunately my washer machine repair did not go as planned and I spent the coveted day off arguing with a major appliance seller to have a repair guy come to my house to fix the mess the previous guy left. I wasn't successful (even though I have a service warranty) and ended up spending three hours at the laundry mat.

Needless to say, not the way I intended to spend the coveted day off!





But I did get a really pleasant surprise with the little bit I got done.

In setting up my window display, I happened to turn over the base of the ceramic tree my grandmother had made for me all those years ago and this is what I found!




"To Our New Baby 1969"




Grandma and Grandpa 1944




With the trouble I was having, it made my day. My grandmother passed away about four years ago. She was the kind of person that everybody loved and would make everyone feel included and like they belonged. She was a fun, wonderful person. I miss her. I've had this tree for, well, life, and never knew this was there. I was like she was reaching out to me to say, "Hey, I'm watching over you and this is nothing, it'll all work out". It was a wonderful surprise.











Anyway, I got part of the window set up and the lights up. I think it came out really nice.

 
 
And we broke out the Lego Advent calendar my son looks forward to each year.

 
 
 
Of course there had to be cookies. We have to decorate them yet but we got them made last night!
 


Yeah, you read that right. Ninjabread cookies. Perfect for a 14 year old boy eh? Saw these at Aldi's and just had to get these. Too funny! Made me laugh as we made them.




I made them with sugar cookie dough though. I'll make the gingerbread for the office party. None of us like it so we'll pass that on.

Ninjabread.



Love a good verbal pun!

Happy Holidays!
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your day wasn't so bad after all. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Christmas present, both then and now! Now I want to go turn everything upside down to see if I can find such a wonderful message. The ninja cookies are so fun! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a merry Christmas season!

    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete